Calling all creative geniuses! We are excited to let you know that Sharon is participating in the Forsyth County PTO Impressions Art Contest! This year's theme is "Favorite Place", and the categories are: Visual Art, Literature, Photography, Film, Dance Choreography, and Music Composition. Submission deadline is October 23rd (K-2nd grade) and October 24th (3rd-5th grade). Our Sharon gallery night will be on November 13th to see all your creations! 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for each grade level and each category will go on to the county-level contest. To see contest guidelines and student entry form, check our PTO website! You can email our school Impressions chair, Haritha Oduru at firstname.lastname@example.org with other questions!
Art Contest Rules and Guidelines:
- A Student Entry Form must be completed and attached to every entry.
- The Artist Title and Statement must be filled out on the Student Entry Form.
- Student Entry Forms should be put into a sheet protector and secured with tape on the back of your artwork.
- Recommend that you wrap or shrink wrap Visual Art entries and Photography entries to help protect them.
- Visual Art entries can not exceed 24” x 30” in total size (including mat). Artwork should be mounted on a sturdy material. Canvas frames will be allowed.
- Photography entries can not exceed 11” x 14” (including mat) and should be mounted on a sturdy board. Do not include words or text on Photography entries. They will be entered in the Visual Arts category if they have text.
- Literature entries should be submitted in a manila envelope with the Student Entry Form taped to the outside of the envelope. Be sure to include the original literature piece and 1 copy. The entry should not exceed 2000 words and should be on 8.5” x 11” paper (one-sided only). Be sure to number each page.
- Musical Composition, Film, and Dance Choreography -- Entries must be submitted in a manila envelope with the Student Entry Form attached. The CD/DVD/USB and case must include the studentʼs name, grade and school. Time limit 5 minutes and music entries need to have music printed out for grades 4th and 5th.
- Entries should not have glass, or students names visual on the entry
- For questions contact School Impressions Chair, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org